ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Thailand (AAT) is part of the ActionAid International Federation and has been working with people and communities in Thailand for a decade, addressing issues related to poverty, human rights, education, and women’s and youth’s empowerment.
Period: January-June 2019 (6 months)
Reporting to ActionAid Thailand's Country Director, the Programme and Partnership Consultant will be assisting the CD and ActionAid Denmark in ensuring smooth development and management of programmes and partnerships. The consultant will be working closely with the Country Director and the Programme and Policy Team to deliver the outcomes.
- Explore community of youth ("Activista") and their engagement in different social movements and different INGOS and UN institutions in Thailand;
- Explore innovative and sustainable youth and women-led social enterprises in Thailand;
- Conduct action research related to programme and project proposal development;
- Participate in field activities when possible to stay informed of programme activities;
- Assist in content development and evidence gathering;
- Conduct ongoing prospection of engagement with different institutions and potential partners in interest of ActionAid Thailand and ActionAid Denmark;
- Develop relationships and network with development, corporate and funding organisations in Thailand;
- Develop concept notes/proposals/expressions of interest as and when required;
- Map potential funding institutions and donors.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s Degree or higher in social sciences, development studies, international relation, law or related fields;
- Minimum of two years of experience;
- Experience in programme and partnership development;
- Experience working with an INGO in Thailand or within the region;
- Strong social commitment, analytical, writing and research skills, and interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to work and live in a multi-cultural environment;
- Fluency in English;
- Experience in fundraising considered an asset;
- Willingness to travel outside of Bangkok or internationally occasionally.
Send your updated CV including two referees by 6 January 2019 to Jobs.email@example.com.
We respect all applications but we will respond only to the shortlisted candidates. For more details about the position, please call us at 02-279-6601-2 Ext. 103.