ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Thailand (AAT) is part of the ActionAid International Federation and has been working with people and communities in Thailand for a decade, addressing issues related to poverty, human rights, education, and women’s and youth’s empowerment.
Communications Assistant assists to generate income and support from various stakeholders, especially from corporate, foundations, public and individual donors for AAT through proactively raising the profile of AAT.
- Promote the organisation’s image in the community by building relationships with key stakeholders in the media and engagement on the website and social media.
- Provide inputs to communications strategy that will guide AAT in its external relations.
- Under the guidance of the Fundraising and Communications manager, formulate and implement PR plans to promote AAT’s program work in Thailand.
- Responsible for sourcing high-impact stories, take and edit photographs and video clips and dispatch them to AAT website, social media and local media.
- Responsible for developing and implementing Communications plans and execution for event campaigns.
- Event coordination: venue selection/coordination, sponsor acquisition, media invitation, press release, media relations and developing media package.
- Support programme team in publicising their work to the media and share on AAT website and social media.
- Responsible for updating Communications content on social media platform (website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) on a daily basis while adhering to the AAT Communications Guidelines and protocols.
- Coordinate with thr media and develop press material, including press releases, factsheets and brochures for each media event.
- Provide relevant information to the public, media, donors, government agencies and other stakeholders as per request.
- Establish and maintain good and effective relationships with the media.
- Work with programme officers to develop website and social media content on advocacy and stories of change.
- Develop Communications implementation plans that aligns and supports the Fundraising & Communications Annual business plan.
- Develop the organisation's annual report in coordination with other AAT operating functions.
- Develop, implement and update assigned activity workplan.
- Provide communications input on AAT's public awareness, exposure and emerging social media trends.
- Maintain an awareness of any possible crisis or risks to the organisation's funding and donor relations and develop plans that will provide for such contingencies.
- Thai nationality with excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, PR, Journalism or any relevant field.
- 1-3 years relevant work experience in PR, communications, marketing communications or advertising.
- Experienced working with the media.
- Experienced in building and maintaining websites and social media accounts.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of oral and written communications.
- Knowledge of technical aspects involved in the production of different promotional materials.
- Good web management knowledge and skills.
- Strong awareness of the evolving social media landscape.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
- Good in using MS office and Photoshop.
- Knowledge and skills in video shooting and editing is a plus.
- Work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Able to travel to field trip as required, approximately 3-6 trips per year.
Apply here until 10 May 2019. An application letter indicating how you meet the key requirements and expected salary, along with an updated CV including two referees should be sent.
We respect all applications but we will respond only to the shortlisted candidates. This position is open for THAI nationals only.
For more information, please call us at 02-279-6601-2.