ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Thailand (AAT) is part of the ActionAid International Federation and has been working with people and communities in Thailand for a decade, addressing issues related to poverty, human rights, education, and women’s and youth’s empowerment.
The purpose of this job is to ensure the implementation of human resources policies, procedures and systems for ActionAid Thailand (AAT). The role ensures adherence to HR good practices of ActionAid Internationals (AAI) and compliance with all local labour laws and other statutory requirements in Thailand. The HROD Consultant will support AAT Senior Management Team (SMT) in advancing organisational development issues including staff security and governance support.
Contract: 2 months
- Lead and coordinate recruitment process of staff/volunteers/interns/consultants and provide induction, orientation and reorientation to all staff to help them understand the HR systems, policies and procedures of the organisation.
- Keep up to date HR information and data to provide regular reports and analysis to the Country Director (CD) to facilitate continuous improvement of AAT.
- Provide comprehensive HR advisory and technical guidance to Country Director, managers and staff on all aspects of human resources to ensure that the organisation follows policies, procedures, legal requirements.
- Oversee the maintenance and update of all HR related databases, i.e. personnel, training suppliers, HR service providers, jobs and vacancies within the organisations, reference library of employment law information, etc. and filing system to serve all HRM purposes.
- Assist Country Director and line managers at disciplinary actions to adhering organisation system (such as handling complaints, grievance, or in the event of collective disputes if any).
- Monitor and provide support to managers and staff in attendance register, performance appraisal, and provide comments to managers and staff on performance appraisal results if needed.
- Assist CD and SMT to Review and update HROD policy.
- Prepare HR reports as needed by AAT board and management, AAI and to fulfil governments requirements.
- Support the Country Director in developing and monitoring annual budget for human resources and any other business as required.
- Assist AAT team in Organizing AA Retreat and other events as required and requested by CD.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources management, organisational development or other relevant area.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in human resource management, preferably in the NGO sector.
- Sound knowledge of developing and implementing administration system policies and procedures for international organisation.
- Experience in operationalizing HR system, policies and procedures, preferably in the context of an international organisation.
- Experience in developing HR systems, policies and procedures is an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of human rights and poverty issues in Thailand.
- Understanding of laws and regulations on labour, Human Rights, health and safety in Thailand.
- Knowledge of human resources management practices in Thailand
- Analytical and report writing skills.
- Presentation, communications, and negotiation skills.
- Networking, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Planning, organisation, time management, and coordination.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and native language.
- Proficiency in MS Office and HRIS.
- Submit your CV, cover letter and expected salary by 12 May 2019 to email@example.com.
- Only shortlist candidate will be contacted.
- All applications are respected but this position is open for THAI nationality only.
- Due to the urgency of this hiring, interview may begin prior to the closing date; candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.
- For more details of this position, please call us at 02-279-6601-2 Ext. 103. or contact