ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Thailand (AAT) is part of the ActionAid International Federation and has been working with people and communities in Thailand for a decade addressing issues related to poverty, human rights, education, and women’s and youth’s empowerment.
ActionAid Thailand is expanding its operations and looking for a highly skilled and motivated Thai national with good English communication skills to fill the following position:
ActionAid Thailand Global Platform Start-Up Project Coordinator
Roles & Responsibilities:
The position will be responsible for overall management of the ActionAid Thailand Global Platform Start-Up Project linking social enterprises and a youth engagement platform. This position will be reporting to the Country Director and work closely with CD’s unit, Programme, Policy and Campaign Team and ActionAid Denmark.
- Oversee and Manage AA Thailand Global Platform Start-Up Project
Develop/update business plan of Global Café and guide the team/partner to implement.
- Documentation and exploration of potential youth engagement in different social movements in Thailand.
- Explore innovative and sustainable youth and women-led social enterprises in Thailand and the region.
- Participate in field activities and Programme/function team events when possible to stay informed of programme activities.
- Conduct action research for content development, evidence gathering, proposal development and any internal/external communication.
- Coordinate with ActionAid Global Platform Team, represent AA Thailand and provide reports/updates as necessary.
- Develop/maintain relationships and network with government institutions, development organisations, corporates, public universities and funding organisations in Thailand.
- Produce a mapping of potential funding institutions and high value major donors for AA Thailand and Global Platform.
- Feed to the on-going research process around scooping for Global Platform (GP) in Thailand.
- Assist in developing concept notes/proposals/expressions of interest as and when required.
Financial Management, Reporting and others
- Prepare and submit reports to different units in AA Thailand and AA Denmark as required.
- Support CD desk and Admin Logistics Officer as assigned and when needed.
Timeline: November 2019 – February 2020
- Master’s degree in social sciences, development studies, international relation, law or related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience and minimum of one year working with NGOs/UN/CSO in Thailand will be an asset.
- Proven experience and knowledge in social business especially in the Thai context.
- Good skill in networking and developing partnerships.
- Good knowledge in different actors working on youth and women issues, and social businesses in Thailand and region.
- Experience in programme, fundraising and partnership development.
- Experience in any L/INGO or private sector in Thailand or within the region.
- Strong social commitment with strong analytical, writing and research skills, and interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work and live in a multicultural environment.
- Fluency in English, Thai language will be an asset.
- Willingness to travel nationally or internationally occasionally.
An application letter indicating how you meet the key requirements, along with an updated CV including two referees, and expected salary should be sent by 10 November 2019 to Jobs.email@example.com
For inquiries and more information, please call us at 02-279-6601-2 ext. 103.
ActionAid Thailand provides competitive benefit packages. We respect all applications, but we will respond only to the shortlisted candidates.
We reserve the right to close this job opening before the end of the application deadline if the recruitment succeeds with the suitable person for the position.