ActionAid is an international organization, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Thailand (AAT) is part of the ActionAid International Federation and has been working with people and communities in Thailand for a decade addressing issues related to poverty, human rights, education, and women’s and youth’s empowerment.
Salary range: THB 23,279-27,381 per month (this will be depending on candidate’s experiences and background)
Location: Bangkok, Thailand (request to travel on project fields)
Communication Assistant is working under ActionAid Thailand (AAT) Program and Policy Department. A key part of the role will be to work closely with program team to oversee the communication for campaign, policy advocacy and visibility of the project. S/he will provide skills and knowledge in online and offline campaigning communications to help generate new ideas to ensure building an active, networked civil society to improve delivery and access to quality education in Thailand. Also, s/he will be expected to develop relationships and work with AAT’s networks and/or partners.
Campaign and Policy
- Promote EU Education Project among AAT’s partners and communities by building relationships with key stakeholders in the media, and engagement on website and social media.
- Work with program team to prepare effectively campaign contents, including to create an innovative media communicating for change to public.
- Represent AAT about the organization’s standpoint and proposals.
- Coordinate with the related government agencies and/or partners to participate AAT’s activities.
- Coordinate and develop implementation plan that aligns with the annual core program strategies, objectives and the results of the project.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing communications plans and execution for event campaigns.
- Under the guidance of EU Education Project Manager, formulate and implement Visibility & Communication Plans to promote the project work in Thailand.
- Responsible for sourcing high impact stories of change, take and edit photographs and short video clips and dispatch them to AAT website, social media networks and local newspapers.
- Support programme team in publicizing EU Education Project’s work through the media partners and share on AAT website and social media networks.
- Work with Fundraising and Communication Department for updating Communications content on Social Media network platform (web, FB, IG etc.) on a daily basis, with alignment to the AAT Communications Guidelines and protocols.
- Coordinate with Media and develop all the press materials including press releases, fact sheets and brochures for each media event.
Budgeting and Planning
- Support in developing Visibility & Communications Plan that aligns and supports the project.
- Manage the budget utilization of the communications and visibility
- Develop, Implement and update assigned activity workplan
Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Analyze communications inputs and Public Communications Awareness, exposure and new immerging social media channels.
- Keep track and record on media value, reach and outcomes of the campaigning communication.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Issue Resolutions, Crisis/Risk Management
- Support AAT program M&E system, including the measurement of project indicators, designing monitoring tools, setting up the data flow system, and conducting data quality assurance and reporting.
- Monitor the results of the project activities and contribute to periodic evaluations/assessments of specific interventions; contribute to dissemination of results to internal and external audiences.
- Work with the EU Education Project Manager to ensure compliance and adherence to EU Education Project’s Standard Operational Procedures.
- Maintain an awareness of any possible crisis or risk to the organisation funding and donor relations and develop plans that will provide for such contingencies
Qualifications & Experience:
How to apply:Interested candidates are invited to submit their Resumes with two referees, including a cover letter indicating the dates of availability and salary expectation to email: email@example.com by 2 December 2019.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relation, journalism, social science, humanity or related fields.
- At least 1-year relevant experience in Communications, Public Relations, campaigning and information & media.
- Experience in working with a multi-cultural working environment, preferably an INGO or social development organization.
- Experience in building and maintaining websites and social media accounts is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of oral and written communications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Photoshop & Illustrator (intermediate) and familiar with using social media networks.
- Knowledge of technical aspects involved in the production of different promotional materials.
- Knowledge and skills in Video Shooting and editing is a plus.
- Strong awareness of the evolving social media landscape.
- Extensive administrative, organizational and communications.
- Good analytical skills & interpersonal skills.
- Good English and Thai communications, in both writing and speaking skills.
- Work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Able to travel on project fields as per requested.
- A committed, mature and decisive self-starter with high level of integrity, friendly, and detail focused.
- Have a will to learn and engage.
- Thai nationality.