ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Thailand (AAT) is part of the ActionAid International Federation and has been working with people and communities in Thailand for a decade, addressing issues related to poverty, human rights, education, and women’s and youth’s empowerment.
Competitive salary & enefits
Communications Assistant assists to generate income and support from various stakeholders, especially from corporate, foundations, public and individual donors for AAT through proactively raising the profile of AAT.
- Promote the organisation’s image in the community by building relationships with key stakeholders in the media and engagement on the website and social media, and attendance at meetings as assigned by Fundraising and Communications Manager
- Coordinate and develop implementation plan that aligns with the annual Core Communications Strategies and plans.
- Under the guidance of the Fundraising and Communications manager, formulate and implement PR plans to promote AAT’s program work in Thailand.
- Responsible for sourcing high-impact stories, take and edit photographs and video clips and dispatch them to AAT website, social media and local media.
- Responsible for developing and implementing Communications plans and execution for event campaigns.
- Event coordination: venue selection/coordination, sponsor acquisition, media invitation, press release, media relations and developing media package.
- Support programme team in publicising their work to the media and share on AAT website and social media.
- Responsible for updating Communications content on social media platform (website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) on a daily basis while adhering to the AAT Communications Guidelines and protocols.
- Coordinate with thr media and develop press material, including press releases, factsheets and brochures for each media event.
- Provide relevant information to the public, media, donors, government agencies and other stakeholders as per request.
- Establish and maintain good and effective relationships with the media.
- Work with programme officers to develop website and social media content on advocacy, stories of change, etc.
- Maintain an awareness of any possible crisis or risk to the organisation funding and donor relations and develop plans that will provide for such contingencies.
- Thai nationality with good English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- At least 3 years' experience working in content writing, communications, journalism (assistant level); or recent graduate with no experience (trainee level).
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, PR, Journalism or relevant field from a recognised institution.
- Experience working with the media is a plus.
- Experienced in building and maintaining websites and social media accounts.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of oral and written communications.
- Knowledge of technical aspects involved in the production of different promotional materials.
- Good website management knowledge and skills.
- Strong awareness of the evolving social media landscape.
- Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision and stay on task.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes with two referees, including a cover letter indicating the dates of availability and salary expectation to Keswali.Yensudchai@actionaid.org by 16 August 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.